Sunday, November 27, 2011
Standards Reflection
Our recent management class focused on three Iowa Administrator Standards but the standard that I now understand even more is Standard 3: "A school administrator is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by ensuring management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment." Every activity, presentation, assignment, and guest speaker discussed how this standard affects school administrators on a daily basis. Management issues can consume a majority of an administrators time, but through this class I was able to gain new insights into management issues. Not only did I gain insight but I was able to make some new connections to current administrators within the area. I am looking forward to the management challenges that administrators face and feeling comfortable to use the new resources from this class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that as administrators our jobs will be very time consuming. One thing I have realized through our practical experience/clinical is that I need to be an elementary school principal. As someone looking to start a family I don't think I will have the time to attend all of the sporting and extra circular activities. We need to remember that we need to balance our work and personal lives.
ReplyDelete