Saturday, November 26, 2011

3rd Weekend Learning

This last weekend of class was was full of learning experiences.  The activities that we completed allowed for us to really think about "real-life" issues that administrators face sometimes on a daily basis.  The activity that I enjoyed the most was placing teachers into classrooms.  The conversations that we had with one another about the issues that could arise when we placed specific grades in specific classrooms was very beneficial.  When we do have our own buildings, we may not have the opportunity to discuss or bounce ideas off of someone when placing teachers.  These conversations gave us different insights and allowed us to discuss in a collegial way.

I always enjoy having class with Tom.  Through the activities, assignments, and guest speakers, I learned about topics that I would not associate with the role of the administrator.  I was also pushed out of my comfort zone as to Tweeting and Blogging about my ideas and/or opinions.  I plan to continue to use Twitter as a future educational leader but I am not quite sure yet about blogging.  A big thank you to Tom for "making" me see the benefits of these technologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment